By Marius S. Vassiliou, Visit Amazon's David S. Alberts Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, David S. Alberts, , Jonathan Russell Agre
Command and keep an eye on (C2) is the set of organizational and technical attributes and procedures during which an company marshals and employs human, actual, and data assets to unravel difficulties and achieve missions.C2 Re-envisioned: the way forward for the firm identifies 4 interrelated megatrends which are separately and jointly shaping the cutting-edge and perform of C2 in addition to the undertaking demanding situations we are facing.
These megatrends the ebook examines are:
- Big Problems —manifested partly as expanding complexity of either endeavors and agencies, as army institutions shape coalitions with one another, and partnerships with a variety of civilian companies and non-governmental organizations
- Robustly Networked Environments—enabled via the super large availability of complicated info and communications applied sciences (ICT) that position remarkable powers of knowledge production, processing, and distribution within the fingers of virtually a person who desires them—friend and foe alike
- Ubiquitous Data—the remarkable volumes of uncooked and processed info with which human actors and C2 structures needs to contend
- Organizational alternatives—as decentralized, net-enabled ways to C2 were made extra possible through know-how.
The booklet analyzes ancient examples and experimental facts to figure out the severe components that make C2 get it wrong and the way to get it correct. winning firms sooner or later could be those who can reconfigure their techniques in an agile demeanour. delivering clean views in this topic of severe significance, this ebook offers the knowledge it is important to decide on your organizational techniques to fit the project and the stipulations at hand.
Read Online or Download C2 Re-envisioned: The Future of the Enterprise PDF
Best military technology books
Identifies army airplane markings and camouflage from international warfare I to the current day, in pocket-sized shape. every one representation has been chosen to teach how the markings and color schemes have developed and the way they have been motivated by way of the aircraft's army position and project power.
This publication covers the layout and kinds of assorted vehicles hired by means of the Wehrmacht.
Emergency motion for Chemical and organic battle brokers, moment variation is meant for the 1st responder to the scene of the discharge of a chemical or organic war agent. Formatted equally to the dep. of Transportation’s Emergency reaction Guidebook and designed as a significant other to the author’s instruction manual of Chemical and organic battle brokers, this e-book is split into concise chapters that concentrate on the 1st few hours after the incident.
Booklet via Holder, William G
- A Brotherhood of Arms: Brazil-United States Military Relations, 1945-1977
- Concise Guide to British Aircraft of World War II
- Riemann Surfaces Related Topics (AM-97): Proceedings of the 1978 Stony Brook Conference. (AM-97) (Annals of Mathematics Studies)
- Arms and Uniforms: Second World War, v.2 (English and French Edition)
- German Anti-Tank Guns, 1939-1945
- Junkers Ju 88 in action, Part 1 - Aircraft No. 85
Additional info for C2 Re-envisioned: The Future of the Enterprise
Uncertainty, in turn, affects our ability to resolve problems in a number of ways: • A lack of certainty adversely affects our ability to choose an appropriate response to a problem or have confidence in our selection. 20 C 2 Re- en v isi o ned • A lack of certainty can lead to putting off decisions until more information is collected and processed, thus delaying decisions and actions. • A lack of confidence can result in selecting a tentative approach. • Uncertainty can result in micromanagement (selection of more centralized approach options).
1 Sensors Sensors have been increasing in numbers and evolving in capability for the last several decades. They can produce images with more pixels than ever before. They can operate in more energy bands, and multispectral sensors can operate in multiple bands. Sensors are also decreasing in * Shanker and Richtel (2011).
S In . 7 Digital natives. † E-mail, cellular phones, smartphones, and social networking are integral parts of a digital native’s life. For its analysis, the ITU adopted a more specific definition of a digital native as a youth between the ages of 15 and 24 with five or more years of experience using the Internet. 2% of the world’s total population. 8% of the youth population. 7, calculated and drawn from ITU data, shows the countries with the largest populations of digital natives. Only in the United States and the EU-28 is there a confluence of a large total population and a large proportion of digital natives among the youth populations.